Darjeeling - House, commander jeep burnt in a post poll violence

Darjeeling - Post elections impacts are being reflected in the hills negatively. Political conflicts have been reported from diverse places of the hills such as Mungpoo, Kalimpong and now fringe of Darjeeling town. A house and a commander jeep have completely burnt down yesterday night at Kathare near Badamtam tea garden by alleged GJMM supporters. Dhanbahadur Tamang, house owner who has held responsible of the incident by the two GJMM supporters Manoj Subba and Sanjay Pradhan in the FIR lodged in Darjeeling Sadar police station today.

Darjeeling - House, commander jeep burnt in a post poll violence
Darjeeling - House, commander jeep burnt in a post poll violence
“I own a jeep, through which my family runs by the transportation business. I was never interested in politics nor I was associated with any party. In this recent election, people who used to pay me best, I used to give them my vehicle, accordingly TMC mostly used to hire my jeep. But now GJMM supporters have destroyed me totally. I am now compelled to join TMC.” said victim of incident Dhanbahadur Tamang in Darjeeling town today.

Meanwhile, local Sabhasad (GTA elected member) D P Pradhan said, victim Dhanbahadur Tamang is a member of GJMM. It is conspiracy against the GJMM and we demand immediate arrest of culprits. Culprits are still at large.


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Indian Gorkhas. Designed by Darjeeling Web Solutions