Hill TMC leader accused of rape would write to Mamata Banerjee, Mukul Roy and Gautam Deb

Binny Sharma, the hill Trinamul leader from Naxalbari accused of raping a minor, today said he would write to party chairperson Mamata Banerjee, Mukul Roy and Gautam Deb naming party leaders from the plains who, he alleged, had framed him in the case.
Binny Sharma.
Binny Sharma.
Sharma told a news conference this afternoon: “Let me reiterate that some leaders from the plains have connived to falsely implicate me in this case. There are four-five such leaders who have done this out of jealousy and desperation. I will send separate letters to Mamata Banerjee, Mukul Roy (the party general secretary)and Gautam Deb (Trinamul district chief) soon, mentioning their names and how they have tried to malign my public image.”

He said his wife Vishika would also write “to the chief minister, seeking justice as a common citizen of the state as her husband has been baselessly charged with a serious crime”.

Sharma, who is the general secretary of Trinamul hill committee, said he was consulting lawyers and may file a writ petition in Calcutta High Court.

“I want the police to investigate thoroughly and being a law-abiding citizen, I will cooperate with the investigators with all possible information. The question of proving my innocence is definitely important but I also want all these people, who have conspired against me, to be exposed through the investigation. If required, I might even file a writ petition urging for a complete investigation,” the Trinamul leader said.

Sharma also questioned the integrity of the leaders, whom he declined to name.

“These people are so adamant that they are acting against the party’s interests. By framing me in this false case, they are helping parties in the Opposition with issues ahead of the civic and rural elections. Their act, I feel, is a move against the interests of the party,” he said.

“I would prefer not to name these people immediately but would like to say that they are from the plains.”

Last Saturday, the Naxalbari police station received a complaint forwarded by the Darjeeling chief judicial magistrate’s court.

In the complaint, a 16-year-old girl had alleged that she had been in a relationship with Sharma for the past two years and that he had promised marriage.

Police have not said anything on the progress of the case. District Trinamul leaders, both in the plains and the hills, are tightlipped.

Source: Telegraph

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Indian Gorkhas. Designed by Darjeeling Web Solutions