Gorkhas daughter DJ - Ekta Subba (DJ Rachel) interview by TheDC

OUR DAUGHTERS, OUR PRIDE: Darjeeling's 1st and One of India's Finest Professional Female DJ - Ekta Subba (DJ Rachel)

Darjeeling is the land of music, every street corner you turn to, every house you go into, every restaurant you head to you will feel a unique rhythm in these gorgeous hills of ours. Today we are glad to introduce the story of a girl, who refused to take up a secure job in the State Bank of India to pursue her passion in Music.

Introducing Darjeeling's 1st female DJ and one of India's finest till date.

We sat down for a short interview with her.

Name: Ekta Subba (DJ Rachel)
Mother: Keshu Subba
Fathers: Lt. M Subba
School: St. Joseph's School (Kurseong)

TheDC: What got you into Djing?
DJ Rachel: From the shy girl to a lady who now is brimming with confidence, I had an extreme change of positivity towards my career ever since I started doing what I love-(Djing).

Music is perhaps one language which can bring together all the people in the world, and I always wanted to put my creativity and give back something from my side to the society. I choose my career as a Dj and made myself an epitome of change and I strongly wanted to prove for the sake of women out there, that nothing is impossible if your goals are visionary and that your dreams are practical as well.

TheDC: Did your family object or support your decision?
DJ Rachel: My Family did object and support as well, because after my dad expired I got a job offer in the State Bank of India in place of my dad. I refused it and stuck to what I wanted to be in life. Now everone is proud of what am doing.

TheDC: Can you tell us some of the shows you have performed at? 
DJ Rachel: I have done a lot of Club gigs, corporate gigs, private gigs ,etc in places like Kolkata, Bangalore, Bhutan, Gangtok, Kalimpong, Assam, Patna, Bhuwaneshwar, Bodhgaya…etc

Including Decible, Kstars, Harley Davidson.

TheDC: Who are some of the Artist you have performed with?
DJ Rachel: Cod , Gxsoul, Nepsydaz , Laure.

TheDC: What are the challenges in your field?
DJ Rachel: Coming across various people with different taste of music, trying to set the vibe right and getting the crowd involved and engaged.

TheDC: How do you overcome these challenges?
DJ Rachel: I watch their body language, movement towards the music flow and then I drop a track that doesn’t give them a chance to stop dancing and am very flexible regarding the music genre.

TheDC: Does being a woman help or hinder?
DJ Rachel: It helps and hinder at the same time.

TheDC: How do people react to a female DJ?
DJ Rachel: Depends on individuality,but till now I have come across a lot of positive reaction from people.

TheDC: What msg you want to share with youngsters,who want to follow you?
DJ Rachel: The youngsters who are studying or pursuing some course, I wouldn’t be so theoretical regarding future aspects and ambitions. Just few things that are more necessary than any of the above, I would love to tell them no matter what phase you go through life, no matter how successful you become, you shouldn’t be forgetting your real roots, your inner passion and most importantly the world needs “real you”.

The youth should follow music, art and literature but at the same time should learn to respect the cultural aspects of their family too and never ruin them. Its good to be modernized. Its even better to have your mentality broader, wide but all that matters at the end of the day is - do not have regrets with what decisions you make.

TheDC: Final question, what are your future plans?
DJ Rachel: I don’t know about the future but till the time I can do this… I will keep entertaining people with my music.

We wish DJ Rachel GOOD LUCK in her career and hope that she will inspire thousands of our youngsters to follow their heart!!

Source TheDC

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Indian Gorkhas. Designed by Darjeeling Web Solutions