Bhupendra (Pradip) Pradhan out on bail

GTA Sabha chairman Bhupendra (Pradip) Pradhan, out on bail now after being arrested on March 3 in Siliguri for reportedly trying to sell fake antique coins to a businessman, on Tuesday accused the police of framing him under political influence.
Bhupendra (Pradip) Pradhan
Bhupendra (Pradip) Pradhan
Pradhan and 10 others were arrested on the basis of a complaint

lodged with the Pradhannagar police station by Rabi Kirtanya, a businessman from Jalpaiguri. Pradhan and seven others were released on bail on Monday, while the remaining three others are in five days police remand. After meeting GJM president Bimal Gurung in Darjeeling today, Pradhan said, “My name is not mentioned in the FIR and the police do not have evidence of any wrongdoing by me. I don’t even

know the buyer. My arrest was politically motivated and I have been

made a scapegoat.” According to the GTA chairman, he had gone to Siliguri to arrange for train tickets for party supporters participating in the ongoing nine-day dharna in Delhi for a separate state. “I had reached Darjeeling More when I met a couple of Morcha student cadres. We started discussing about employment prospects and as the conversation dragged on, we decided to sit somewhere and continue and chose a nearby hotel, a place I had never been to before. As we were talking, a police team entered and arrested me on the charge of selling fake antique items,” alleged Pradhan.

Further, he said the hill TMC could have a hand in the arrest to defame him and the GJM. “I was with the CPM for 19 years and am now with the GJM. I was a contractor of repute with no history of illegal activities. Some hill TMC leaders have made derogatory statements against me after the arrest incident. I challenge them to provide proof of any wrongdoing by me,” Pradhan said. The eight people including Pradhan who are out on bail will have to appear before the additional chief judicial magistrate court in Siliguri on March 23 for the next hearing.

Source:EOI

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Indian Gorkhas. Designed by Darjeeling Web Solutions